Friday, October 2, 2009

ha, now I get it!

So today I figured out that I actually have to do something about the writing, it's not just gonna happen by itself. I already have a story that I want to tell. It's just about how I'm going to tell it.

My story pretty much comes from own experience, so it's gonna be easier to put into words than to make up something I don't have any experience about.

My story is about a girl who has to choose between to men who could both be her big loves, while juggling a career in the entertainment business. The catch to the story is that she is already dating one of the guys!

My problem now is how I'm going to play with the angle to make it interesting, and to avoid cliches! Yet again, any advice is welcome.

The 3 leads are for now: Daniel, Chase and Lyla. Now I realise the names aren't anything outlandish or bold, but that's the whole idea. I want to make it real, believable and easy to relate to.
Lyla is fresh out of college, just finished her law degree, but decides to pursue her dream of owning her own night club. She starts renovating a space she saved up to buy while she was in college.
She's dating Daniel at the moment, but she's unhappy. She could easily leave him, but she doesn't. By writing their relationship like that it complicates the triangle between the lead characters.

I pretty much know where I wanna go with the lead characters, but I haven't even thought of other characters!

Yikes!

Please help!!! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment